In conjunction with the WCGTC biennial conference, the Executive Committee of the World Council presents awards in four different areas of recognition: Distinguished Service, Creativity, Research, and Leadership. Applications for these awards are submitted to Headquarters, and the Awards and Scholarship Committee assumes the responsibility for selecting the recipients.
All nominations need to have the following supporting materials.
- One letter of support from the person submitting the nomination that details why the nominee would be an appropriate recipient of the award.
- A minimum of one letter of recommendation (from a person other than the one submitting the nomination form).
- A list of significant contributions the nominee has made to the field of gifted education and to the development and support of the World Council for Gifted and Talented Children (WCGTC)
- A Vita and/or supporting documents for the nominee.
- The World Council Distinguished Service Award
The recipient must have made an outstanding contribution to gifted education as reflected in service to the WCGTC and in the furtherance of its purposes over a period of ten years or more.
- The International Creativity Award
The recipient must have international recognition in the field of creativity and must have made significant contributions to promoting creativity in education.
- The International Award for Research
The recipient must have international recognition in gifted education and made significant contributions through research in establishing gifted education as a recognized field of study in education, in extending the knowledge base of gifted education, and in improving the practice of gifted education.
- The A. Harry Passow International Award for Leadership in Gifted Education
The recipient must have international stature as a leader in gifted education—one whose life and work have significantly influenced policy and practices in gifted education or one who has made other outstanding contributions in promoting the cause of gifted education worldwide.
The first nomination for each award may be submitted only by a current, paid-up World Council member, who is in good standing. The nominator will upload all letters of recommendation with the application.
Please use the form below to submit nominations. Award nominations must be submitted before February 15, 2017. Members of the awards committee include Leonie Kronborg, Denise Fleith, and Julia Roberts. If you have any questions, email email@example.com.